Sunday, January 18, 2015

I'm not Dead Yet!

Well, it's been about two weeks of reduced hours of work...and I'm LOVING it, and I haven't starved to death yet...stay tuned! :-)

I have been working away on some of my current projects...finished a couple of things which were Christmas gifts requested late, so needed to be completed after the fact. Here's the first....




This is a double Half Persian 4-in-1 reversible (whew, that's a mouthful!) necklace for my son; I am letting him decide about the clasp, and he hasn't chosen one yet, so that is to come. I suspect I will be hand tooling a hook-and-loop closure out of the same bronze the small rings are done in. 

This was an enjoyable piece to work; it may become one of my favourite weaves. It moves quickly, is easy and rhythmic to do, and the result is quite spectacular. 
Here's a picture showing the reverse colourway, which is different, as you can see.
This is a project from Karen Karon's ChainMaille Jewelry Workshop book, if you would like to give it a go. 



I've also gotten some work completed on my CQJP 2015 block:


The middle cream blob there will turn into a lamb for my Christmas section when it is finished. I'm doing the motifs in each area first, and then will embellish with seam stitching around them later. 

Hope you're having a productive start to the year as well! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for visiting.