Friday, November 29, 2013
Week 48~Focus on Life~Thanks
As most of my friends celebrate Thanksgiving this weekend, those of us in Canada are not...ours was in the middle of October...consequently, as I listen to the chat online, I am suffering from turkey envy! I had to go out this week and buy a rotisserie chicken at the deli, and some Stove Top. Y'all made me do it!!
Our related prompt from Sally this week was:
"Giving Thanks....what are you thankful for?"
Here is my list, important and not so.....
1. Vision - 4 years ago, right at this time of year, I was told that in approximately three months, I would be blind....as you can see, I am not, and my vision has in fact improved since that time. I have been taken off the imminent list and discharged by the opthamologist. Thank you.
2. My friends in the box - who make me laugh, cry, inspire me and keep me company on the long dark nights. Thank YOU.
3. Good books - which also make me laugh, cry, inspire me and keep me company. Thank you.
4. The best seat on the sofa - the one where you can stretch out full length, and lean back. WITH a good book, or your friends in the box. Thank you.
5. Cozy slippers - you'll see a theme here, because of our recent weather....thanks for them!
6. A warm fire - aaahhhhh......see also, the best seat on the sofa....thanks for this!
7. A lovely hot latte - my favourite treat after dinner...thanks Tassimo!