Sunday, May 1, 2016

I Love Blog Hops!

Yes, I do!...and I particularly like Karen William's blog hops! They're fun and funky..what more could you ask? 

This time round, Karen posed a Freeform Ring Challenge, which I was delighted to opt into...


Karen was awesome about giving us a decent bit of time to make these happen, and I had fun! 

This pretty little pearl was a left-behind, just wandering around aimlessly on my bead board; as she is in a colour range that is outside my usual, I decided this would be a great project to try out a new colour combo:

Front:


Back:


This next bold guy I made to match a new top I treated myself to....

The top:


The ring....front:


Back:


Now THIS little madam absolutely REFUSED to become freeform.....the nerve!! But she was insistent, so I've included her anyway!

Front:


Back:


...and here's the top she'll accompany:



Thanks Karen!! It was great! 

I hope you'll check out the others "ring"ing in Spring as well!









3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining in the fun, Lori! Rings are a great way to try out different color palettes and make use of lonely orphan beads. Your rings are great fun and look like they'd be fun to wear.

    I'm glad you included the last one, too. For me, a large part of freeform bead weaving is simply allowing the piece and the beads dictate what they want to be, rather than following a preset pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I had great fun making them, and I'll definitely enjoy wearing them. Thanks as always, for the inspiration!

      Delete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! And I like that you used pieces in your wardrobe to inspire the color choices -- now you'll wear the rings all the time!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for visiting.